At Hollington we ‘Think Big’ about everything that we do, including how we keep ourselves as safe as possible from Covid-19. Please support us by reading and adhering to all instructions below:
What Happens if my Child Develops COVID-19 Symptoms?
If your child has symptoms of COVID-19, however mild, they need to self-isolate for at least 10 days from when their symptoms started.
Do not bring them into the academy but arrange for them to have a test to see if they have COVID-19.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Please phone the COVID-19 Hotline on 01424 563024. All other household members will also need to stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the household became ill.
What Happens to my Child During Self-Isolation?
It is highly likely that your child may need to self-isolate because another household member is symptomatic or because they themselves are displaying symptoms. During self-isolation all members of the household must stay indoors and not go out.
In this situation your child will be expected to access lessons from their teacher so that they do not fall behind in their learning. We have made significant changes to how this will work since the first lockdown. Lessons will be set daily and your child will record their learning in a workbook that will be provided for them. Teachers will be able to provide feedback via the Class Dojo online platform. For more information on this, please visit our remote learning provision page.
Learning tasks will reflect what is being taught in the classroom and should take an equivalent amount of time to complete, in line with the DfE expectations. It is important that you support your child in completing all learning tasks. Children will need to bring the learning into school with them when they return after the period of isolation. For more information please contact your child's class teacher via your Class Dojo account in the first instance. You can also contact the academy office email address of via telephone 01424 851783.
Please note: In the event of an outbreak, the academy will follow the DFE Guidelines about what and how to communicate any information about a possible or confirmed outbreak of Covid-19. Please be aware that we will not be able to share any names or confidential details with any parents. Parents are asked to contact the academy directly should they have any questions and to avoid making comments on Social Media.
Information for Visitors to the Academy:
Upon arrival to the academy, each visitor will receive a leaflet with information about protecting the community from COVID-19.
- Leave up to date contact details when signing in. These are kept securely on record for 2 weeks in case we need to contact you.
- Use the hand sanitizer before entering the academy and regularly throughout their time within the academy.
- Wear a face covering.
- Ensure you are accompanied by an authorised adult.
- Adhere to social distancing measures at all times.
- Sign the register on any room that you enter. This is to ensure we know who to contact via our track and trace system, if required.
- Wash your hands regularly and also any equipment that you use.
- Practice good hygiene, especially for coughs and sneezes.
If you display any COVID-19 symptoms in 2 weeks after visiting the academy, please contact us immediately.
Visitors must not visit the academy if they are displaying any signs of COVID-19.