From September 2016, all parents/carers of children in Reception up to Year 9 have the right to request that the school their child attends considers establishing (or extending) wraparound and / or holiday childcare.
Childcare providers may also request to use school facilities for wraparound and / or holiday provision at times when the school is not using them. Wraparound care includes, for example:
- Early morning 'breakfast club' provision
- After-school childcare which extends beyond the end of the school day during term time
- Childcare available in the school holidays.
Timetable and Process for Requests 2019-2020
|17 March 2020 -
28 April 2020
|Annual Request Window|
|1 May 2020 -
31st May 2020
|Considerations of Requests|
|8 June 2020||Response to Requests|
Parents/carers are invited to submit their requests using this online form: The request window has closed for the current year.
Childcare providers are invited to submit their requests using this online form: The request window has closed for the current year.
The following issues will inform the consideration of requests from parents/carers and childcare providers:
- the level of demand for wraparound and / or holiday provision for different age groups
- whether there is existing provision at the academy
- whether there are nearby schools/academies who would be interested in collaborating to offer wraparound and / or holiday provision to reach a critical mass
- whether there is suitable space available within the academy to run the wraparound and / or holiday provision at the times requested
- practical issues such as site security, cleaning etc
- whether there is existing similar provision available locally
- whether there is sufficient leadership capacity to manage the provision
- whether there is evidence of value for money